Laketon Township has a building inspector, an electrical inspector and a plumbing/mechanical inspector.
Each inspector can be contacted as noted below:
Building Inspector - Chris Hall
Monday thru Friday - The office is open 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, however due to the nature of an inspectors duties, both office work and field work are required - therefore it is recommended to call the office before stopping in to the office to make sure Mr. Hall is not out in the field doing inspections.
Office phone: 231-744-2454 Cell phone: 231-578-1646
Electrical Inspector - Jeff Johnson
Mr. Johnson does not maintain office hours at Laketon Township Hall. He can be reached by cell phone at 231-329-4465 to schedule any needed inspections.
Mechanical/Plumbing Inspector - Jim Hoppus
Mr. Hoppus, he does not maintain office hours at Laketon Township Hall. He can be reached by cell phone at 231-780-7414 to schedule any needed inspections
There will be times when regular inspectors are unavailable due to State of Michigan licensing/continuing educational requirements, vacation &/or illness; substitute inspectors may be used, if available.
Residential & Commercial Permits
Permits are required in Laketon Township as they are in all municipalities in the State of Michigan. Posted below are permit applications for residential or commercial work that can be printed from your computer. The permit application forms below each contain the appropriate fee schedule for that work type. Special Note: Commercial and residential work no longer have different forms or fee schedules!
Permit Application Process: Permit applications are accepted; in person at the Laketon Twp Hall, by mail to 2735 W. Giles Rd, Muskegon, MI 49445 or by email at email@example.com
Contractors - please be aware that you are required to register your license with Laketon Township in order to obtain permits for work on residential properties. There is a registration form posted below. If you have any questions relating to permits, please feel free to contact the Township Hall. 231-744-2454
Use the forms below for permits STARTING April 1, 2023.
- 4/1/2023 Building Permit Application Use this application for new home construction or large remodel/addition projects or large commercial work/projects. This form must be accompanied by other required documentation, site plans, construction drawings etc. Please see the building permit checklist for a comprehensive list of documentation that may be required for your project.
- 4/1/2023 Building Permit Application - Short Form Use this application form for smaller commercial or residential projects such as roofing, siding, decking, small additions, sheds, pole barns/garages, misc. repairs etc. This form must be submitted with the appropriate construction drawings and site plans as applicable.
- Building Permit Checklist-- This checklist MUST accompany all applications for new home construction and any construction of new commercial structures.
- Building Permit Information -- The document lists information and documentation that needs to accompany building permit applications for new home construction.
- Contractor Registration Form - Use this form to register your contractor license - remit to Laketon Township with the $15 fee and a copy of your license & proof of liability insurance and worker's comp if carried.
- Property Sketch Form - You may use this sketch form with any permit application when a site plan is needed.