Laketon Township has a building inspector, an electrical inspector and a plumbing/mechanical inspector. Through a cooperative agreement/contract Building Inspector Chris Hall also inspects for Fruitland Township.
Each inspector can be contacted as noted below:
Building Inspector - Chris Hall
Laketon Township Office Hours:
Mondays - varied in the morning then 12pm to 2pm
Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays 8am to 10am and 12pm to 2pm
Wednesdays 12pm to 2pm.
Office phone: 231-744-2454 Cell phone: 231-578-1646
Due to the nature of the inspectors duties, these times are approximate and may vary slightly from time to time as needed.
Electrical Inspector - Jeff Johnson
Mr. Johnson does not maintain office hours at Laketon Township Hall. He can be reached by cell phone at 231-329-4465 to schedule any needed inspections.
Mechanical/Plumbing Inspector - Jim Hoppus Effective 10/1/2017
Mr. Hoppus, he does not maintain office hours at Laketon Township Hall. He can be reached by cell phone at 231-780-7414 to schedule any needed inspections
Substitute inspectors may be used from time to time when the regular inspectors are unavailable due to continuing education classes, vacation or illness etc.
If you will be performing work on commercial properties/buildings, please call Laketon Township Offices 231-744-2454 for the correct application forms. Thank you.
Permits are required in Laketon Township as they are in all municipalities in the State of Michigan. Posted below are permit applications for residential work that can be printed from your computer. The permit application will also contain a fee schedule.
Contractors - please be aware that you are required to register your license with Laketon Township in order to obtain permits for work on residential properties. There is a registration form posted below. If you have any questions relating to permits, please feel free to contact the Township Hall. 231-744-2454
- Building Permit Application (40 KB) -- Use this application for new home construction or large remodel/addition projects.
- Building Permit Application - short form (40 KB) -- Use this application form for smaller residential projects such as roofing, siding, decking, small additions, sheds, pole barns/garages, misc. repairs etc.
- Building Permit Checklist (30 KB) -- This checklist MUST accompany all applications for new home construction.
- Building Permit Information (37 KB) -- The document lists information and documentation that needs to accompany building permit applications for new home construction.
- Electrical Permit Application - Use this application for all residential electrical work.
- Mechanical Permit Application - Use this application for all residential mechanical work.
- Plumbing Permit Application - Use this application for all residential plumbing work.