Stories, news, community information, community services, events, etc. will be posted here. As this time/date sensitive information ages, it will be removed from the page to make room for relevant information.
- MUSKEGON COUNTY ROAD COMMISSION Report on Road Work/Construction - week of August 20 – 24, 2018
*The following are proposed work schedules, which are subject to change due to weather conditions and/or other unexpected circumstances.
1. Indian Bay Road -- from Old Channel Trail to Hancock Road in White River Township: Paving over the wedge applied earlier.
2. Peterson Road – from Giles Road to River Road in Laketon Township: Shoulder work
3. Crystal Lake Road -- east of Russell Road in Blue Lake Township: Dura Patching
4. Nestrom Road – McMillan to Duck Lake Road in Fruitland Township: Chip Sealing
5. Benjamin Road – from Giles to River Road in Laketon Township: Chip Sealing
6. Buys Road – between River and Memorial in Laketon Townships: Chip Sealing
7. Horton Road – between Giles and Dykstra in Laketon Township: Chip Sealing
8. Fruitport Road – between County Line and Village Limits in Fruitport Township: Chip Sealing
9. All Roads – in Dalton, Cedar Creek, Egelston, Fruitland, Sullivan, and Whitehall Townships: Mowing
- WITHAM RD - ROAD CLOSURE NOTICE:
Witham Rd. from Dykstra to Moulton will be closed from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Aug. 15, 16, 17, and 18.
The road will be re-open to traffic each day after 6 p.m. and closed each day at 7 a.m.
Contractors will be installing stone and rip rap to stabilize the west bank of the road. Large equipment will occupy the roadway making the area hazardous for traffic.
Drive safe! Thanks!
- PROJECT HAS BEEN COMPLETED - Fenner's Ditch Oil Seep Project: Great News! After many years of study & meetings, work will finally begin on a long term solution to the oil seep problem and address the flow of oil into Fenner's Ditch and Bear Lake. Property owners with frontage on Fenner's Ditch will be mailed information on the project as well. Details on this project can be read by clicking this link.
- FIREFIGHTER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Muskegon Township Fire Department, is currently looking for Paid On Call Firefighters. This is a part time on call position, which involves responding to calls for assistance when you are available. No fire training is necessary! We will provide the training for you to become a certified Firefighter and a licensed Medical First Responder. Click on this link for more info (https://makemeafirefighter.org/listing/paid-on-call-firefighter-16 ), or stop by either station to fill out an Interest in Employment Form.
- LEAF & GRASS BURNING IS PROHIBITED in Laketon Township! Click here for more information! (The websites listed on this document will not work as links, they will need to be cut and pasted into your browser) Other materials that CANNOT be burned include: demolition debris, construction materials, automotive parts and household trash that contains plastic, rubber, foam, chemically treated wood, textiles, electronics, chemicals or hazardous materials. (Brush burning days are determined by the Michgain DNR and in Laketon Township are for burning of clean brush/sticks only - ALL burning of grass/leaves is PROHIBITED BY DEQ rules). The DNR has advised that there are technical difficulties in updating the website, which they hope to have resolved soon. Until further notice, check the home page of this website for brush burning information. Thank you for your patience.
- OPEN BURNING REGULATIONS - BURNING OF TRASH IS PROHIBITED - If you see any suspected illegal burning of trash - please call 911 so that either a police or fire officer can be dispatched to the fire and address the situation appropriately. For the DEQ Flyer - Open Burning Regulations in Michigan - CLICK HERE. Per this flyer "Local police and fire officers are authorized to enforce this provision as a state civil infraction of Section 11522 of Act 451 of 1994." For the DEQ Flyer - Don't Burn Trash in your Campfire - CLICK HERE.