TO PAY PROPERTY TAXES ONLINE
On this page, you have the ability to make online payments with your credit card, debit card or an electronic check (e-check).
There is a convenience fee charged by the payment processing company (Point & Pay) - Laketon Township does not receive any of these fees.
- For tax bills paid with an e-check (you will need your bank account number and the routing number) you will be charged a flat $3.00 convenience fee
- For tax bills paid with a debit or credit card you will be charged a convenience fee of 3% of the amount being paid (for example:. if the tax bill being paid $1,000.00 the convenience fee is $30.00 for a total charge of $1,030.00 to your card - which you will see as two separate items on your card statement, the tax amount paid to Laketon Township and the convenience fee paid to Point & Pay.)
- Credit cards Accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Discover & American Express.
- Debit cards Accepted: however, the card must show MasterCard or Visa logo to be accepted.
- ATM cards are NOT accepted.
CLICK HERE, and you will be prompted to create a user ID and password and will be able to look up & pay property taxes. IMPORTANT NOTE: This is only for current year property taxes payable to Laketon Township.
For delinquent property taxes: you MUST contact Muskegon County Treasurer's Dept . ALL Property Taxes with outstanding balances are turned over to the Muskegon County Treasurer on March 1st each year. Please call the County at 231-724-6261 for payment information/balances due after March 1st each year.
TO PAY SEWER AND WATER UTILITY BILLS ONLINE
Beginning in November 2018, Billing for sewer and water utility bills will be consolidated and billed on a monthly basis by the Muskegon County DPW. (Click here for a copy of the info letter sent to sewer customers in October 2018)
There are several payment options available and are outlined in the letter above.
If you wish to make an online payment via the Muskegon County DPW's payment processing service click the link below:
If you wish to sign up for ACH payments with the Muskegon County DPW click the link below:
If you have any questions, please contact Muskegon County Department of Public Works at 231-724-4721 or visit their website at https://co.muskegon.mi.us/1393/Online-Bill-Pay