REMINDER: ALL Property Taxes with outstanding balances are turned over to the Muskegon County Treasurer on March 1st each year. Please call the County at 231-724-6261 for payment information/balances due after March 1st each year.
On this page, you have the ability to make online payments with your credit card, debit card or an electronic check (e-check).
Here are a few important things you need to know:
- Credit cards: MasterCard, Visa, Discover & American Express are accepted.
- Debit cards: must show MasterCard or Visa logo to be accepted.
- ATM cards: are not accepted.
- E-checks: you will need your bank routing number and checking account number
- SEWER USAGE PAYMENTS: Payments can be made here for SEWER USAGE BILLS all year round. Payments made after the due date are subject to penalties &/or interest as established by ordinance, be sure to know your due date and balance due.
- TAX PAYMENTS: Payments can be made here for SUMMER AND WINTER PROPERTY TAXES during tax collection periods established by law. Be sure to know the correct due dates and amounts due. Payments made after the due dates are subject to interest and/or penalty as established by law - be sure to know the due date and correct balance due, whatever amount you enter as a payment will be what is posted to your account! PARTIAL PAYMENTS ARE ACCEPTED BUT DO NOT MAKE OVER PAYMENTS! SUMMER tax payments are accepted from JULY 1ST THROUGH FEBRUARY 28TH each year. WINTER tax payments are accepted from DECEMBER 1ST THROUGH FEBRUARY 28TH each year.
The convenience fees charged by Point & Pay are as follows:
- For tax bills paid with an e-check there is a flat $3.00 convenience fee charged, for payments made on a debit or credit card there is a convenience fee of 3% of the amount being paid charged (ex. if the tax bill is $1000.00 the convenience fee is $30.00)
- For sewer bills paid with an e-check there is a flat $3.00 convenience fee charged, for payment made on a debit or credit card the amount being paid determines the convenience fee:
$1 - $50 equals $1.50 convenience fee
$51 - $100 equals $3.00 convenience fee
$101 - $200 equals $6.00 convenience fee
$201 - $300 equals $9.00 convenience fee
$301 - $400 equals $12.00 convenience fee
$401 - $500 equals $15.00 convenience fee
CLICK HERE, you will be prompted to create a user ID and password and will be able to look up & pay both property taxes and sewer usage bills.